Monday, December 29, 2008

mrs. peacock

This is the detail on Kate's dress she wore to the Christmas party at work. She sewed on peacock feathers and put bright green pearls to a black, plain dress. It looked very unique and awesome! Here is how she made it:

"I took 5 peacock feathers and cut them about a ½ inch below the eye. Then I took a small piece of black fabric (about ¾ -1 in square) and hot glued the feathers to it in a circular pattern, one at a time (to make the flower shape). Then I put three bright green pearls in the center to cover up the overlap of the feathers. They are also hot glued on. I stitched it to the dress using the small piece of fabric I glued the feathers to so the feathers wouldnt fall off. The “flower” is tacked to the dress in the center of the flower."

more peacock inspiration...

This dress is from Prada and I think its so awesome. How cool would it be to have a peacock skirt like that!


This is a brand new peacock Valentino bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Ritemails| Privacy Policy