Tuesday, March 17, 2009

st. patrick's day


Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone who is Irish, or just likes to wear green. I forgot that St. Patty's Day was today and I wore a total outfit of green yesterday. I managed to scrounge up some more though, and made a flower belt to match. Two more are in the store now. Last time they sold in one day so make sure you grab one if you want it.

I learned today that people are not supposed to wear orange or red on St. Patty's Day. It goes back to the fight between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland. The Irish flag actually stands for Catholic, Protestant, and than a mix between the two (the white). I never knew that. A lady at my work is wearing a bright orange jacket and a green scarf (well, its really a table runner she threw on from the sample department because she forgot to wear green) and has already gotten ridiculed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Ritemails| Privacy Policy