
I took a walk on the beach one day.
I wished that I could only stay
for one more moment longer than before,
to feel the warmth on that sunny shore.
I walked a little longer
which turned into an hour.
I found so many friendly beauties
who told me of their life long duties.

At first I met a little urchin,
we will call him Mr. Lerchin.
He was always quite blue,
because he never had much to do.

I walked a little farther
and happened upon a colony of squawkers.
They looked one and the same,
but were very adamant that I know their names.

The sun was getting high,
I knew it was time to say goodbye.
As I walked back to where I came from
something lovely shone in the sun
and called my attention to the sand.
Its beautiful white land.
I knew at once that they were special

although I am quite partial
to lovely little white shells.
They have so many stories to tell.
I could tell they loved each other dearly
because they sat quite nearly
to each other on that white sand.
I think they were holding hands.
They told me of love,
how it was won.
They told me how they found it,
how it could be done.
One thing they said I will never forget...
"If you can but learn to give
of all the happiness you have to live,
you will find a love so true
that it will show up in each thing you do.
And when this love has come your way,
you may share it with another one someday.
They will love you to the end
So hold each others hand."
No comments:
Post a Comment