Many people have been surprised at President Obama's decision to "boycott" the National Day of Prayer. I was surprised to hear of peoples astonishment because of his obvious stand on many moral issues. Then again, I have come to realize many people didn't even realize what he stood for in the beginning.In a conversation with a coworker after the election, I brought up President Obama's stand on abortion and how I thought it wasn't right. She thought he was just "for abortion" as many other people did, and didn't see a problem. I told her, with many people listening in the lunch room at this point, that he stated that full term abortion was acceptable. His reasoning is that, if his daughter got pregnant it wouldn't be her fault and she shouldn't have to suffer for it.
His stand on abortion has lead to the nomination of Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius to be the Health Secretary. She made her grand entrance by she vetoing legislation requiring doctors to provide more information about late term abortions the same day. I guess when you are in government, we dont need to follow the rules.
Randall Terry wrote after his incarceration on Friday for protesting Notre Dame's invitation to President Obama to speak at the 2009 commencement, this:
The Obama/Notre Dame harlotry is the "consummation" of Catholic America's godless marriage to moral relativism, lukewarmness, and unholy pacifism.
Some thought this statement extreme, but then again, why would he be giving a charge to young people when he allows people to terminate any chance of life before it can be started?
No comments:
Post a Comment