Wednesday, August 26, 2009

waiting.


Wake up, work, shower, movie, bed. Repeat.

The first few months of working after college made the rest of my life look boring, to say the least. Is this what I’m supposed to do? Repeat an endless cycle of trying to entertain myself when I’m not working to stay alive? I could live for vacation, but living 50 weeks of the year for two relaxing weeks is, well, sad. Vacation isn’t always relaxing anyway.

I’ve always wanted things before there time. When I was 11 I wanted so badly to be 13 I would pretend I was a teenager. In high school, I couldn’t wait to graduate college so my parents would finally realize how mature I was (wink). In college, I couldn’t wait to get so I could get married and actually start my life (or so I thought).

All these years of looking into the future have fizzled to where I am now.


I had been struggling with all these thoughts for a while. I found myself negotiating with God so that I could have my w ay, in my timing, with His blessing. I started settling for good things instead of waiting for the amazing plans God has because they fit my timing better.

But here is the deal…I can push for something that makes sense, looks nice, and makes me happy. OR I can sit back and let God make my wildest dreams come true. Of course the second option sounds better, but when it’s unseen, it doesn’t seem worth the wait.

So let’s make this song our prayer as we wait…

Heal my heart and make it clean , Open up my eyes to the things unseen, Show me how to love like you have loved me, Break my heart from what breaks yours,Everything I am for your kingdoms cause, As I go from nothing to
Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 | Ritemails| Privacy Policy